Frequently Asked Questions

How do I pay the rent?

Please note that the payment of rent in cash can only be made at our Head Office in Nairobi for security reasons. You can pay by cheque or directly transfer the funds to our bank account whose details are available from our leasing/letting department.

How long is the Lease Agreement with the tenants?

The typical residential lease is for 12 months although you could sign with for a longer period by arrangement. For residential tenants, we would renew a lease annually subject to applicable terms and conditions. A commercial lease is for 5 years 3 months.

Is there an annual rental increment of rent?

Yes, there is a standard annual rental increment of 10% for both residential and commercial property leasing. Service charges also increase annually at the rate of 10%.

How do I report a repair which needs to be done in my apartment?

You can submit a maintenance request online or by contacting us via phone or email.

How much deposit is required?

Typically we ask for a two months deposit for residential units and a three months deposit for a commercial unit.

What is a security deposit?

The security deposit is payable at the beginning of a lease to account for any damage to the apartment after it is vacated. It is refunded at the end of the lease minus any retention for damage/repair. Tenants cannot direct the management to use the security deposit to pay the rent.

What is considered an emergency?

An emergency is a maintenance problem that creates a safety hazard to residents or imminent damage to property so that repairing it cannot wait until the next business day. Some examples would be an overflowing toilet or a broken pipe. If you have an emergency and call us, our operator will contact the maintenance staff member on duty for immediate service. If there is a power outage, call KPLC first to see if there is an outage in the area.

What is the best course of action if my neighbour is making excessive noise late at night?

If your neighbour is subjecting you to excessive noise at night, first try talking to them in a friendly manner. They may not be aware that their activities are being heard in your apartment and may be disrupting your sleep. If the behaviour continues after you have tried this, please inform us and we will take the appropriate steps. If there is a loud party late at night and you feel you have no choice, by all means, contact the Police Department.

Can I change the paint colour in my unit, install a satellite dish and make other changes?

No. Repairs, decorating (wall paint, wallpaper, etc.) or alterations can be done without prior written consent. When hanging picture frames, use small nails and repair the holes upon move-out. Please do not affix a satellite dish or other antenna to any common area on the property without our written consent. Please remember that you will be charged for any damages to the apartment/office/shop/building.

Do you accept pets?

Our pet policy varies by property. Contact us directly for more information.

My question isn’t here, what should I do?

You should contact us by email or telephone and ask us.